This is TTP229 16-Way Capacitive Touch Switch Digital Touch Sensor Keypad Module. This capacitive touch sensor module uses the TTP229 integrated circuit, making it easy to add capacitive touch input to your project. It features 16 sensitive touchpads that make an ideal replacement for the old fashioned keypads.
Capacitive touch allows electronics to sense when your finger is within a few millimeters of a surface to simulate a button “press” just like how the pushbutton works. Capacitive sensing may be used in any place where low to no force human touch sensing is desirable.
This is a 16 switch-based easy to use capacitive touch sensing module, This 16 switch digital touch sensor module is based on a touch sensing IV TTP229. This device has a built-in regulator for the touch sensor. We can add interfaces through the non-conductive dielectric material.
16 Channel Capacitive Touch Sensor Module is easy to interface. It can be used along with a microcontroller or an Arduino or even without one.
- Operating voltage 2.4V~5.5V.
- Operating current, @VDD=3V no load.
- At low power mode typical 2.5uA.
- At fast mode typical 9.0uA; @VDD=3V.
- Onboard TTP229 capacitive touch sensor IC
- The response time about 100mS at fast mode, 200mS at low power mode
- Advanced 16 Key modes with I2C interface output.
- Modes can be selected and configured by the user.
- Adjustable sensitivity.
- Built-in regulator with external enable / disable option.
- Provides Fast mode and Low Power mode selection by pad option (LPMB pin).
- Provides direct mode or toggle mode CMOS output or open-drain output.
- Active high or active low by pad option (TOG/OD/AHLB pin). Provides 2 output pins TPQ0D, TPQ2D that have no diode protection, active low.
- Have the maximum on-time 120sec / 64sec / 16sec / infinite by pad option (MOT1, MOT0 pin)
- Auto calibration for life and the re-calibration period is about 4.0sec when the key has not to be touched.
- Application: Wide consumer products; Button key replacement.
1 x TTP229 16-Way Capacitive Touch Switch Digital keypad module
|Response time (Fast mode)||100mS|
|Response time (low power mode)||200mS|