XBee S2C is an RF module designed for wireless communication or data exchange and it works on ZigBee mesh communication protocols that sit on top of IEEE 802.15.4 PHY. The module provides wireless connectivity to end-point devices in any ZigBee mesh networks including devices from other vendors. Please note that XBee is a module designed by ‘DiGi’ and ZigBee is the name of the protocol followed by XBee modules for establishing wireless communication.
This version (S2C) of the XBee ZigBee Series 2 module utilizes the EM357 transceiver. The EM357 transceiver is faster, has a lower current draw, and has significantly more RAM and Flash. These advanced features allow EM357-based modules to support more network traffic, have more memory for code updates, and operate more efficiently.
The XBee 2mW Wire Antenna S2C, the latest of its kind in Series 2, offers point to multipoint device connectivity with ease, providing cost-effective wireless solutions for electronic devices. They are interoperable with other ZigBee feature set devices, including devices from other vendors.
- Programmable versions with on-board microprocessor enable custom ZigBee application development
- Integrated, Wire Antenna
- Industry-leading sleep current of sub 1 µA
- Interoperable with other ZigBee-compliant devices
- 15 general-purpose I/O lines
- Through-hole form factor enables flexible design
- Firmware upgrades via UART, SPI, or over the air
- Supports binding and multicasting for easy integration into a home automation platform
Package Includes :
1 x XBee Zigbee 802.15.4 2mW S2C Module with Wire Antenna
(4) 10-bit ADC inputs
CMOS UART, SPI
RF 250 Kbps, Serial up to 1 Mbps
|Digital I/O Pins|
2.4GHz (ISM Band)
|RATED INDOOR/URBAN RANGE|
|RATED OUTDOOR/RF LINE-OF-SIGHT RANGE|
2.1 ~ 3.6 VDC
3.1mW (+5 dBm)