MAX30100 is an integrated pulse oximeter and heart-rate monitor sensor solution.
It’s an optical sensor that derives its readings from emitting two wavelengths of light from two LEDs – a red and an infrared one – then measuring the absorbance of pulsing blood through a photodetector. This particular LED color combination is optimized for reading the data through the tip of one’s finger.
The signal is processed by a low-noise analog signal processing unit and communicated to the target MCU through the mikroBUS I2C interface. Developers of end-user applications should note that the readings can be negatively impacted by excess motion and changes in temperature. Also, too much pressure can constrict capillary blood flow and therefore diminish the reliability of the data. A programmable INT pin is also available. The operates at the 3.3V power supply.
SN PINS DEFINITION OF PINS
1 VIN Input voltage (1.8V to 5.5V)
2 SCL IIC-SCL
3 SDA IIC-SDA
4 INT MAX30100INT
5 IRD MAX30100 IR_DRV
6 RD MAX30100 R_DRV
7 GND Ground
Specifications and Features:
- Optical sensor: IR and red LED combined with a photodetector
- Measures absorbance of pulsing blood
- I2C interface plus INT pin
- 3.3V power supply complete pulse oximeter and heart rate sensor solution, simplifies design, integrated LEDs, photo sensor, and
- high-performance analog front
- Ultra low power operation increases battery life for wearable devices
- Advanced functionality improves measurement performance, high SNR provides robust motion artifact resilience integrated
- ambient, light cancellation high sample rate capability fast data output capability
- It is an integrated pulse oximetry and heart rate monitor sensor solution.
- Medical Monitoring Devices
- Fitness Assistant Devices
- Wearable Devices
1 x MAX30100 Pulse Oximeter Heart Rate Sensor Module