The LM2576 is a voltage Regulator IC, it uses the Buck-converter topology to step-down and regulates higher level voltage values to a lower level. It is of non-sync type and can take in an input voltage 40V maximum and source an output current of 3A maximum with a peak efficiency of 90%.
- Used in battery circuits since they have high efficiency
- Step-down Linear regulators
- Used in small SMPS circuits
- Can also be used to source negative voltage.
The voltage which has to be regulated is provided as input to this pin
The regulated output can be obtained through this pin
Connected to system ground
This pin is provided with the feedback voltage based on which the output is regulated
Connect to ground to activate the regulator or connect to Vcc to disable the regulator.
- Switch mode step down voltage regulator
- Output Voltage for fixed voltage regulator: 3.3V, 5V, 12V or 15V
- Output Voltage for Variable type regulator: 1.23V to 37V
- Output Current: Up to 3A
- Maximum Input Voltage: 40V
- In-built Thermal Shutdown and Current Limit Protection
- Internal Oscillator: 52-kHz (Fixed Frequency)
- Available in TO-220 and TO-263 packages
1 x LM2576 Step-Down Voltage Regulator IC