The AMS1117 series of adjustable and fixed voltage regulators are designed to provide up to 1A output current and to operate down to 1V input-to-output differential. The dropout voltage of the device is guaranteed maximum 1.3V, decreasing at lower load currents. On-chip trimming adjusts the reference voltage to 1.5%. Current limit is set to minimize the stress under overload conditions on both the regulator and power source circuitry.
- Output Voltage: 3.3V
- Output Current of 1A
- Operates Down to 1V Dropout
- Line Regulation: 0.2% Max.
- Load Regulation: 0.4% Max.
- SOT-223 package
- High-Efficiency Linear Regulators
- Post Regulators for Switching Supplies
- 5V to 3.3V Linear Regulator
- Battery Chargers
- Active SCSI Terminators
- Power Management for Notebook
- Battery Powered Instrumentation
- Used for Positive voltage regulations
- Variable power supply
- Current limiting circuits
- Reverse polarity circuits
- Commonly used in Desktop PC, DVD and other consumer products
- Used in motor control circuits
- So if you are looking for SMD component voltage regulator then this IC might be the right choice for you.
1 x AMS1117 IC 3.3V, 1A LDO Voltage Regulator - SOT-223