This is a basic 20 character by 4 line display. Interface code is freely available. You will need ~11 general I/O pins to interface to this LCD screen. Includes LED backlight.
If you want to add some visual output to your Arduino projects, you’ll need a display. If you need moderate data on display, the LCD2004 Parallel LCD Display is a quite good solution for Arduino projects.
This is an industry-standard JHD629-204A based controlled 4 lines x 20 characters LCD display with Black characters on Green background. It is a parallel interface so you will need 7 pins for 4-bit mode or 11 pins for 8-bit mode to interface to this LCD screen.
Features and Specifications:
- Wide viewing angle and high contrast.
- Industry-standard JHD629-204A equivalent LCD controller built-in.
- Supported 4 or 8-bit parallel interface.
- Operate with 5V DC.
- Interface with 16 pins male header Connector.
- 20 characters wide, 4 rows
- Black text on the green background
- The module can easily interface with an MCU
- The module is a low-power consumption character LCD Module with a built-in controller
- Single LED backlight included can be dimmed easily with a resistor or PWM.
- Can be fully controlled with only 6 digital lines! (Any analog/digital pins can be used)
1 x 20X4 Parallel LCD Display with Green Backlight