This is a breakout board/Prototype Board for PCF8591 IC. The PCF8591 is a single-chip, single‑supply low‑power 8‑bit CMOS data acquisition device with four analog inputs, one analog output, and a serial I²C‑bus interface. Three address pins A0, A1, and A2 are used for programming the hardware address, allowing the use of up to eight devices connected to the I²C‑bus without additional hardware. Address, control, and data to and from the device are transferred serially via the two-line bidirectional I²C‑bus.
The functions of the device include analog input multiplexing, on-chip track and hold function, 8-bit analog‑to‑digital conversion, and an 8‑bit digital‑to‑analog conversion. The maximum conversion rate is given by the maximum speed of the I²C-bus.
PCF8591 IC Features:
- Single power supply
- A PCF8591 operating voltage range of 2.5V-6V
- Low standby current
- Via I2C bus serial input/output
- PCF8591 by 3 hardware address pins addressing
- PCF8591 I2C bus speed sampling rate decided
- 4 analog inputs programmable single-ended or differential input
- Automatic incremental channel selection
- PCF8591 analog voltage range from VSS to VDD
- PCF8591 built-in track-and-hold circuit
- 8-bit successive approximation A / D converter
- 1 analog output DAC gain
- The module supports external voltage input of the 4-way acquisition (voltage input range of 0-5v)
- The module integrated photoresistor by AD collection precise value of the ambient light intensity
- Module integrated thermistor by the precise value of the ambient temperature of the AD acquisition
- Module integrated 1 channel 0-5V voltage input acquisition (the blue potentiometer to adjust the input voltage)
- Modules with power indicator (for the module power supply indicator lights)
- Modules with DA output indicator, when the module DA output interface voltage reaches a certain value, will be lit panel the DA output indicator, the higher the voltage, the more obvious indicator brightness
- Module PCB size: 3.6cm x 2.3cm
- A standard double panel, thickness 1.6mm, nice layout, surrounded by a through-hole, aperture: 3mm, convenient fixed.
1 x PCF8591 Module Analog to Digital / Digital-Analog converter module with F-F Jumper Wire.