TSOP1738 is an infrared receiver tuned to receive IR of frequency 38 kHz only. It is perfect for making obstacle sensors and to read signals from most IR remotes. When used as a receiver in distance sensors, it provides better performance as it allows better reception and protection from ambient light compared to other IR receivers. The TSOP1738 IR sensor module consists of a PIN diode and a preamplifier that is embedded into a single package.
The TSOP module has an inbuilt control circuit for amplifying the coded pulses from the IR transmitter. It can be used to read signals of most IR Remotes. The sensor can be used for Proximity detection application along with an IR led in robotics and security systems.
- Output active low
- Photodetector and preamplifier in one package
- Internal filter for PCM frequency
- High immunity against ambient light
- Continuous data transmission possible
- Improved shielding against electrical field disturbance
- TTL and CMOS compatibility
- Low power consumption
- Suitable burst length of 10 cycles/burst
- Supply Voltage: 5 V
- Power consumption: 0.4 to 1.0 mA
- Min. Ee irradiation: 0.35 mW/m2 typ.
- The angle of detection: 90
- Temperature range: -25 C to +85 C
1 x TSOP1738 IR Receiver
|Min. Ee irradiation|
0.35 mW/m2 typ.
0.4 to 1.0 mA
|Operating Temperature Range|
-25 C to +85 C