FT232RL USB to TTL 3.3V 5V Serial Adapter Module is a basic breakout board for the FTDI FT232RL USB to serial IC, Revision 2. The pinout of this board matches the FTDI cable to work with official Arduino and cloned 5V Arduino boards. It can also be used for general serial applications.
The major difference with this board is that it brings out the DTR pin as opposed to the RTS pin of the FTDI cable. The DTR pin allows an Arduino target to auto-reset when a new Sketch is downloaded. This is a really nice feature to have and allows a sketch to be downloaded without having to hit the reset button. This board will auto reset any Arduino board that has the reset pin brought out to a 6-pin connector.
The pins labelled BLK and GRN correspond to the coloured wires on the FTDI cable. The black wire on the FTDI cable is GND, green is CTS. Use these BLK and GRN pins to align the FTDI basic board with your Arduino target.
This board has TX and RX LEDs that make it a bit better to use over the FTDI cable. You can actually see serial traffic on the LEDs to verify if the board is working.
- Standard interface layout, compatible with a variety of Arduinos such as the Pro Mini
- Original FTDI FT232 chip, stable performance
- USB power has current protection, using 500MA self-restore fuse
- RXD/TXD transceiver communication indicator
- With power, sending, receiving indicator, working status LED indicators
- With 3.3V and 5V TTL Level supply options
- USB to serial TTL module, download STC SCM
- Mini USB Port Connection
- Support 3.3V, 5V
Package Includes :
1 x FT232RL USB to TTL 3.3V 5V Serial Adapter Module for Arduino