The MAX3232 device consists of two line drivers, two line receivers, and a dual charge-pump circuit with ±15-kV ESD protection terminal to terminal (serial-port connection terminals, including GND).
The device meets the requirements of TIA/EIA-232-F and provides the electrical interface between an asynchronous communication controller and the serial-port connector.
The charge pump and four small external capacitors allow operation from a single 3-V to 5.5-V supply. The devices operate at data signaling rates up to 250 kbit/s and a maximum of 30-V/μs driver output slow rate.
- RS-232 Bus-Terminal ESD Protection Exceeds ±15 kV Using Human-Body Model (HBM)
- Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of TIA/EIA- 232-F and ITU V.28 Standards
- Operates With 3-V to 5.5-V VCC Supply
- Operates up to 250 kbit/s
- Two Drivers and Two Receivers
- Low Supply Current: 300 μA Typical
- External Capacitors: 4 × 0.1 μF
- Accepts 5-V Logic Input With 3.3-V Supply
1x MAX3232 IC