LM324 is a 14pin IC consisting of four independent operational amplifiers (op-amps) compensated in a single package. Op-amps are high gain electronic voltage amplifier with a differential input and, usually, a single-ended output. The output voltage is many times higher than the voltage difference between the input terminals of an op-amp. These op-amps are operated by a single power supply LM324 and need for a dual supply is eliminated. They can be used as amplifiers, comparators, oscillators, rectifiers, etc. The conventional op-amp applications can be more easily implemented with LM324.
- In the linear mode, the input common-mode voltage range includes ground and the output voltage can also swing to ground, even though operated from only a single power supply voltage.
- The unity gain cross frequency is temperature compensated.
- The input bias current is also temperature compensated Advantages.
- Eliminates the need for dual supplies.
- Four internally compensated op amps in a single package.
- Allows directly sensing near GND and VOUT also goes to GND.
- Compatible with all forms of logic.
- Power drain suitable for battery operation.
- Internally frequency compensated for unity gain
- Large DC voltage gain 100 dB
- Wide bandwidth (unity gain) 1 MHz (temperature compensated)
- Wide power supply range:
- Single supply 3V to 32V
- dual supplies ±1.5V to ±16V
- Very low supply current drain (700 µA) —essentially independent of supply voltage
- Low input biasing current 45 nA (temperature compensated)
- Low input offset voltage 2 mV and offset current: 5 nA
- Input common-mode voltage range includes ground
- Differential input voltage range equal to the power supply voltage
- Large output voltage swing
1 x LM324 IC
Image of Product is shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product.