The 7812 Voltage Regulator IC is a three-terminal positive Voltage Regulator with several fixed output voltages, making it useful in a wide range of applications. This regulator can provide local on-card regulation, eliminating the distribution problems associated with single point regulation. Each type employs internal current limiting, thermal shutdown, and safe area protection, resulting it essentially indestructible. If adequate heat sinking is provided, they can deliver over 0.5A output current. Although designed primarily as fixed voltage regulators, these devices can be used with external components to obtain adjustable voltage and currents.
- Output Current in Excess of 1.0 A
- No External Components Required
- Internal Thermal Overload Protection
- Internal Short Circuit Current Limiting
- Output Transistor Safe-Area Compensation
- Output Voltage Offered in 1.5%, 2% and 4% Tolerance
- 1 x 7812 Voltage Regulator IC