This is the new APM 2.8 module. The sensors are exactly the same as with APM2.6, this version is ideal for use with multi-copters and rovers. The APM 2.8 is a complete open source autopilot system and the bestselling technology on the prestigious 2012 Outback Challenge UAV competition.
It allows the user to turn any fixed, rotary wing or multirotor vehicle (even cars and boats) into a fully autonomous vehicle; capable of performing programmed GPS missions with waypoints. Available with top or side connectors. This revision of the board is designed for vehicles (especially multi-copters and rovers) where the compass should be placed as far from power and motor sources as possible to avoid magnetic interference. On fixed-wing aircraft, it's often easier to mount APM far enough away from the motors and ESCs to avoid magnetic interference.
APM 2.8 has an onboard compass so this is designed to be used with the 3DR uBlox GPS with Compass so that the GPS/Compass unit can be mounted further from noise sources than APM itself.
- Arduino Compatible
- Atmel's ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2 chips for processing and USB functions respectively.
- Built-in compass
- Includes 3-axis gyro, accelerometer, and magnetometer, along with a high-performance barometer
- Straight Needle
- One of the first open-source autopilot systems to use Invensense's 6 DOF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000.
- Onboard 4 MegaByte Data flash chip for automatic data logging
- Optional off-board GPS, uBlox LEA-6H module with Compass.
- Barometric pressure sensor upgraded to MS5611-01BA03, from Measurement Specialties.
- 1 x APM 2.8 Flight Control Board
- 1 x Set of Female to Female jumper Cables
Note: Ardupilot and Arducopter Both identical.
ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2
3-Axis Gyrometer, Accelerometer, High-performance Barometer
7 x 4.5 x 1.5 cm