The MCP3008-I/SL is an 8 channel, 10bit Analogue to Digital (ADC) Converter with SPI interface in 16 pins SOIC package. This ADC combines high performance and low power consumption in a small package by making it as an ideal for embedded control applications. The MCP3008 features successive approximation register (SAR) architecture with onboard sample and hold circuitry allowing 10bit ADC capability to be added to any PIC microcontroller. It is programmable to provide four pseudo differential input pairs or eight single-ended inputs. Differential nonlinearity (DNL) and integral nonlinearity (INL) are specified at ±1LSB. Communication with devices is accomplished using a simple serial interface compatible with the SPI protocol. Low current design permits operation with typical standby currents of the only 5nA (2µA maximum) and typical active currents of 320µA (500µA maximum).
Features and Specifications:
- Analog inputs programmable as single-ended or pseudo differential pairs
- Single supply operation from 2.7V to 5.5V
- The maximum sampling rate is 200KSPS at VDD=5V
- The maximum sampling rate is 75KSPS at VDD=2.7V
- The low power CMOS technology
- Industrial temperature range from -40°C to 85°C
1 x MCP3008 IC
Image of Product is shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product.